Not in the United Kingdom?
Choose another country to see content specific to your region.

I show movies and tv programmes publicly but I don’t charge any admission or viewing fees. Do I need an MPLC Public Performance Licence?

Yes you do.

An MPLC Public Performance licence is required to legally show movies and TV programmes to the public or any closed user group of customers, members or other people.

In fact an MPLC Public Performance licence only allows you to show movies for free to people. If you would like to charge people to see a movie then you actually need a different licence called a Single Title Movie Licence. We have thousands of movie titles available to be shown that you can charge an entry or screening fee for. To find out which movies are available call us on 01323 649 647 or email us at

If you are showing movies publicly without charging any admission or viewing fees then you will be covered by a simple, annual, MPLC Public Performance Licence. This is affordable, easy to buy and can be in place immediately.

Contact us now to ask questions, find out how much a licence will cost or to get licensed today.